BIOBAY KAYAK TOUR COMPANIES
Las Croabas Lagoon in Fajardo has
500,000 to 700,000 of bioluminescent dinoflagellates ( a plankton) per gallon, Mosquito Biobay in Vieques has even more, so when you wave your hand through the water you trigger so many of them that your hand lights up with a thousand tiny stars. There are many companies that offer kayak trips into the bioluminescent lagoon from the small fishing village of Las Croabas. It may be worth the trip to Vieques Island for the intensity of the bioluminescense!. but you should not leave out the incredible beaches of Vieques on the Wildlife Reserves.
The microscopic plankton in the Bioluminescent Bays of Fajardo and Vieques light up when they are touched! Imagine a lagoon full of liquid starshine! Pure magic, the experience is actually indescribable.
FAJARDO BIOBAY KAYAK TRIPS
There are at least 10 companies, this is one of the best: Reserve in advance.
• Kayaking Puerto Rico Adventures Offers well trained guides on their kayak trips as well as transportation from San Juan. Call Nicole at Tel. 787.435.1665. Click on their page for more information. Closed on Sundays
Kayaking Puerto Rico offers a new daytime kayaking snorkeling trip to Culebra Island!
• There are now two small motorboats doing tours into the Fajardo biobay with electric motors. Called 'Biobay Island with Captain Charlie Robles. $49. pp call Tel. 787 - 422 - 7857. The other is Captain Suarez.
Daytime Snorkeling with Elena
• An amazing boat trip that starts at 3 pm and ends at 6 PM at the same dock the kayaks take off from! A perfect addition to swim in turquoise waters with white coral sands,
* Most Operators do not work on Sundays but If Sunday is your only possible biobay excursion date there may be someone who will do this.
VIEQUES ISLAND BIOBAY KAYAK TRIPS
There is no public transportation off of Vieques Island after dark, so you must spend the night to see the Vieques Biobay.
VIEQUES BIOBAY TOUR COMPANIES -
• Island Adventures offers a biobay trip by pontoon boat only. $40..
• Vieques Adventures see-through canoe tours are very well run. Gary has good guides. $50.
Legend of the Golden Heron.