Puerto Rico's Unique Tours and Guides:
1. EL YUNQUE RAINFOREST Hike to La Roca, Los Picachos and El Yunque peak.. Walk in the Elfin Forest or simply hike up to the Mt. Britton lookout tower. . Stand under a waterfall. Camping allowed, get permit before 3 PM but there are no facilities. Private tours with expert guides Rubio and Richard.
2. BIOBAY TOURS
Kayak one of the the biobays in Las Croabas, Fajardo or Vieques Island. Be sure to check the MOON CALENDAR before planning your trip to Puerto Rico! To see the biobay in Vieques you must spend the night there, as there is no transportation off the island after 6 PM. Biobay Kayaking in Fajardo with KPR.
3. CAVES AND KARST West of San Juan. A days exploring two of Puerto Ricos' undeveloped caves, both magnificent in their own way. Private tour takes you to two caves, Taino Indian Petroglyps, a local lunch stop and beach. If you go on your own to the Cumuy Caves you must get there very early, space is limited each day.
4. FEED THE FISH ON THE LOBOS ISLAND REEFS
. You must go by private boat charter or on a catamaran or sailboat. Elenas Tour takes you to three little islands and 3 reefs with the captain and guide in the water with you..
5. SURFING LESSONS. Excellent instructors will get you up on a board, located in Luquillo. For beginners and surfers alike!. It is a thrill to surf!.
6. KAYAKING TO MONKEY ISLAND WITH SNORKELING. Keishya and Bob are your kayak guides to this little offshore island populated with monkeys, see them from your kayak. You can snorkel too , weather permitting.
7. WATER TAXI TO ICACOS KEY. Water taxi to a little offshore key for the day and get picked up later. $150. round trip for up to 6 people. The turquoise waters and white sand will amaze you. Color therapy. No other PR beaches can compare. No facilities, take food and water.
VIEQUES & CULEBRA ISLANDS.• Take the ferry from Fajardo or fly from Ceiba or San Juan. 'Kayaking in Puerto Rico' now offers a day trip by kayak to the offshore reefs of Culebra, transportation included from Fajardo and return to Fajardo. HOW TO GET TO VIEQUES OR CULEBRA. You won't be able to see the biobay in Vieques unless you are spending the night.
FARO PUNTA TUNA & MAUNABO in Maunabo. Drive panoramic road # 901, stop for a Pina Colada at Bella Vista Restaurant or try the mofongo, walk the beaches on either side of the lighthouse. No swimming in these very dangerous waters with rip tides, but the views are well worth the drive.
Hang gliding and zip lining info here.
MANY MORE ACTIVITIES TO EXPLORE AROUND PUERTO RICO
RAINFOREST LODGING OPTIONS