Full days exploring by car:
1. El Yunque rainforest • Luquillo Beach..
2. Seven Seas beach
3. Cordillera Islands including an Icacos Key beach picnic. Below: Icacos Water Taxi
4. Petroglyphs and the south side of the rainforest, Humacao Nature Reserve.
5. The south east tip of Puerto Rico. Punta Tuna lighthouse and Maunabo.
LONGER TRIPS BY CAR: EXPLORE PUERTO RICO
6. Cayey and a trip up road # 15 to the famous roast pork restaurants.
7. The mangrove islands of Salinas ( not easy to get to them, no regular trips)
8. The Coamo Hot Springs. and Ponce. ( Side trip up to Adjuntas )
9. Gilligans Island off Guanica. The dry forest is interesting to walk on winter, coo,l days only.
10. The Cabo Rojo lighthouse and salt flats and beaches. ( Side trip up to Maricao Forest)
11. Heading up the west coast to Rincon, Rincon. Crash boats.
12. Isabella and the beaches just west of Isavella.
13. Arecibo area. The caves ( call first to be sure) and the Radio telescope.
14. Mar Chiquits, Tortuguero Lagoon.
the lush El Yunque mountain rainforest
to the dry hot Guanica forest only takes two hours
on a scenic highway! The highest mountain peak is in the Toro Negro Forest Reserve,
the road is lined with giant Eucalyptus trees. ..and clouds! Drive
on the cliffs above the sea, between Yabucoa and Maunabo. The winding roads through
the mogote valleys in karst country make you wonder if you're